Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Christmas is coming!

It won't be long till it's here! I guess I've been carving about four years now, and one of the first subjects that got me hooked was a Santa. I saw some carved by Millard Harrell and he had a little tutorial that I tried to follow. Mine had little resemblance to his, other than a curl in the beard! I had just bought a little v-tool and I really got carried away on the hair too......looked like a zen sand garden that had been freshly raked. But the slight success kept me going and I keep trying to get better. I really like how this ornament turned out....almost hate to paint him! I used to carve really somber Santas, but I think if someone smiles at you, it's hard not to smile back, so I'm trying for jollier Santas! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment